Thursday, December 07, 2006

Am off to get some knitting instructions

Tomorrow we are off to visit my lovely mum-in-law for the weekend who happens to be an excellent knitter, even though her eyes are now sadly affected by some incurable nastiness.

I am going to be brave enough to take my draught excluder in the making with me and ask for some tips on how to do the ends. A friend advised me to crochet two circles to close it up, my idea was to knit two thin strips and tie each end so it looks like a Christmas cracker - this is currently my preferred option as crocheting is currently a beautiful mystery to me.

I'm just hoping that, firstly, she'll be able to stop laughing at my effort long enough to give me some pointers and that, secondly, I'll be able to find enough time between stopping our son from tearing up her living room to actually get a few more rows completed! Who was I trying to kid when I wrote that as well as having the motivation, I also have the time to knit right now?

No comments: